Tuesday, January 13, 2009

"I went pee in my underwear!"

Last week we started potty training and I was shocked at how easy it was. I realize now that people were right when they said that "when they're ready, they'll just do it". I woke up that first day and was ready for a fight. I was seriously prepping myself by saying out loud (while standing in front of a mirror) "I am the mommy, he's only a child, I can do this, I will not be afraid". Don't laugh, I'm serious, I was scared. So day 1, I put big boy underwear on Bo, and told him not to go in his pants, I moved his potty into the living room on a bathmat, I said "go potty now... please" (all this while thinking, he can smell my fear, you must not show fear woman!), and........he did! He did all day, and the next, and the next. Long story short, I'm all done, my fears of walking into kindergarten with a 5 year old in diapers is over!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Hooray for you and Bowen!!! This is the most inspirational potty training story I have heard. I will try to get Audrey potty trained soon but if she doesnt do it right away I will be patient and wait till she is ready.

I am so glad to hear that your experience was from what it sounds like painless. I can only hope...

The Six Moores said...

Yea Patty! Way to be in charge!. I need to take a lesson. I have attemped the "P.T." word (it is a bad word in my vocabulary) so many time that i cant count and Evan wins everytime. Diaper w/ underwear over the diaper!!! AUGGGG. I suck at this! lol
But I give my props to you!

ps Your little girl is sure cute!